January 14, 2011
My adventure to find summer began with a rainy trip to the San Antonio airport where my parents dropped me off….I didn’t think I would be the one to get emotional but I started tearing up when I gave Mom a hug good-bye. Then, Dad prayed for me and sent me off. I am so thankful for them. I got through the long line and through security quite quickly, which was a big blessing. With an hour to spare I sat down to eat some pizza and started talking to a couple who was travelling to the Steelers game this weekend. They were so much fun to chat with and before I left, she (Debbie) had my email address for her brother, a doctor in San Antonio whom she wants me to meet. Well, I then boarded the plane and had a row to myself. I dozed quite a bit. Arrived in Mexico City safely then went through customs with the green light! At the line to customs I met a very nice young girl who works at Daily Juice and is going to Costa Rica to learn organic farming!!! I re-checked my bags, then went through security once again. Note to self….don’t put tampons in your carry-on or you will be subject to a search!!! However, I think in the end I made the young man much more embarrassed than I was after explaining to him what they were. Lol. The only Spanish word I could think of to say means pregnant so I refrained. I just gestured…
At the airport, I met a Chinese girl who was dating a Mexican boy. We had a fun conversation. …. I love traveling because there are so many people who want to or are open to talk. It’s so much fun!!! Well, I have 5 hours to kill in the airport before my flight to BA.
The adventure chapter begins!
January 15, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment