Thursday, January 27, 2011

The hotel in Palermo


This is a picture from my hotel room window.

Before I got to the hotel I somehow took too long in customs and missed my taxi. Maria had told me about the bus, which turned out to suffice, but on the way I saw some gentlemen in dresses playing guitars and juggling for entertainment. Wow, that is a new kind of entertainment!

I went to eat tonight in the center of the district and paid a fortune for bad service, chips, guacamole and a fruit drink. However, it was good to experience the city even if for a short time. While at dinner at the outdoor cafĂ©, I felt like I was at home in Austin with all the people bringing their dogs everywhere. In fact, I saw a bicyclist with 3 dogs in the basket of the bicycle. He was honking, perhaps to show them off? However, the weather is more like a Colorado summer but with humidity… cool at night with a nice breeze, but hot in the day.

Pictures below are of my hotel room and the patio at the JAM SUITES BOUTIQUE.

Today, I read Yahoo Argentina for my entertainment. I think I grossly misinterpreted the article though. According to my interpretation, it went a lot like this. A model and an entertainer were dating. They discovered a problem with their relationship. The problem was that they were actually related and could no longer date. According to my interpretation, the article dictated that being related was both a good and a bad thing that caused pain. The male was speaking of the discovery that they were related and the pain that it brought...Sounds more like a Jerry Springer episode than real life to me?

I feel so tired…it’s like the last 10 years of my busy life is now starting to catch up with me. Or, maybe it’s just jet lag. However, I must go to conserve the last hour of battery life until I get my converter working properly. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment