January 16, 2011
Today I learned a few lessons.
One, the reason that Argentinians give a person two oversized bath towels at a hotel room is because one is to be used for the body and the other for wiping the floor after it has been flooded. Yes, I flooded the floor and it took a hand towel and two bath towels to mop it up… Maybe here they take faster showers and that is why they use that badet thing. (BTW, if your name is Kate Young and you are reading this you would LOVE the hot water here. It makes a person look and feel like they have a bad sunburn after showering.)
Two, in the midst of my busyness in preparing for the trip I inadvertently did not receive nor realize I did not receive an important email from the Spanish school regarding where my accommodations would be for the remainder of my stay in BA. So, I spent a rainy afternoon in the hotel lobby learning a lot about Argentine culture on the internet and reading CS Lewis’ tales of Narnia. I kept checking my email thinking I would get a response as to where I was supposed to meet my host family. … It was not until I paid $85 for a suite (honeymoon suite, I think, for reasons that I will divulge only when asked) and checked in for a couple hrs that I got the email telling me where I was to go. So, I checked out of the hotel , took my $85 bar of soap from the hotel room and went on my journey. (see picture above of my 2 hr room)
No comments:
Post a Comment